Welcome to Herrington! We look forward to meeting our new students and their families!
Parents of new students can begin the registration process by completing forms online through the secure RRISD portal.
Register ONLINE (Opens July 1 for the 2016-17 school year)
Then please bring the following documents to Herrington Elementary during business hours to complete your child’s registration:
- birth certificate
- social security card
- immunization records
- proof of residence (lease, mortgage, or current utility bill)
Our registrar returns to the school office on Monday, July 25. Round Rock ISD observes the following summer hours:
- July 25 – 28 (closed Friday, July 29) 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- August 1 – 4 (closed Friday, August 5) 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Normal office hours resume on Monday, August 8, when the office will be open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 17 – Kinder Play Date 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. Kindergartners and their families are invited to come and play, have a pizza lunch, and meet the kindergarten teachers.
- Thursday, August 18 – Back to School Night 5 – 7 p.m. Meet your teachers, drop off school supplies, check on bus routes, add money to cafeteria accounts, join PTA, and purchase spirit wear, including school T-shirts.
- Tuesday, August 23 – first day of school! Doors open at 7 a.m. and classes begin at 7:40 a.m.
Click on this link to learn more about Kindergarten at Round Rock ISD.
Register for PreK
Registration for PreK will be held in July. Choose the date and/or location that is most convenient for you.
- Monday, July 18 from 12 – 7 p.m. at Purple Sage Elementary 11801 Tanglebriar Trail, Austin, TX
- Tuesday, July 19 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Callison Elementary 1750 Thompson Trail, Round Rock, TX
- Wednesday, July 20 from 12 – 7 p.m. at Bluebonnet Elementary 1010 Chisholm Valley Dr., Round Rock, TX
- Thursday, July 21 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Caldwell Heights Elementary 4010 Eagles Nest St., Round Rock, TX
For more information about how to qualify for PreK and what to bring to registration, please visit the PreK Rodeo web page.
If you plan to be a Watch D.O.G., go on a field trip, volunteer in the classroom, or work with students, you must complete the online application AND receive approval. Online Volunteer Application.
Some helpful tips to remember when submitting your volunteer application:
- Please complete entire form.
- Select the school(s) where you would like to volunteer (you can choose more than one school).
- Please make sure that you click the SUBMIT button.
Thank you in advance for going through this process. We look forward to you volunteering at our school!
<< swipe for more articles >>
Linda Herrington Elementary School
2850 Paloma Lake Blvd.
Round Rock, TX 78665
Julie Nelson, Principal
Hours of Operation
Students: 7:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
Office: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.